Raindrop therapy gently applies therapeutic grade essential oils along your spine, back and feet, hand and shoulders. The oils are then worked into the skin by using soft feather-like movements, massage strokes and foot reflexology. Followed with the use of hot moist towels on your spine driving the oils deeper.
I use my handcrafted organic arnica, calendula and st.johnswort oil, along with my mineral and magnesium replenishment creme during each treatment.
How does Raindrop get its Name?
Essential oils are actually dropped from about 6 inches above your spine, simulating rain drops! It feels like a rain drop gently striking your spine, and it is very relaxing and comforting.
It is thought that the oils interact with a person’s electric field before even penetrating the skin of the back. Thereby, enhancing the electromagnetic properties of the oils as well. Amazing!
What is the Concept behind Feather Stroking?
In the 1980s Gary Young worked with a Lakota elder named Wallace Black Elk. He learned that the Lakota people went to Canada to experience the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis (before there were border crossings and reservations). The Lakota people would raise their hands toward the light and breathe in the energy of the lights for transformational purposes.
Once the Lakota people could no longer cross the border, they created a stroking technique along the spine using a feather that simulated the energy of the Aurora Borealis. And this is the massage technique that was taught to Gary Young and is named feather stroking.
What are the Benefits of Raindrop Technique?
- Balance and Re-align the Energy Centers of the Body – The combination of techniques brings electrical and energetic alignment to the body. The essential oil blend of Valor helps the body align energy chakras.
- Non-Manipulative Technique – No manipulation as in chiropractic is performed. The oils help support the body to come back into harmony by opening energy flow throughout the body.
- Reduce Stress – Not only can the oils enhance positive emotions such as joy and happiness, but they can also help us release negative emotions that are subconsciously stored on a cellular level. See the section on stress for more information!
- Aid the Body’s Natural Response to Irritation
- Eases Muscle Discomfort after Exercise – Muscles that are tense and in minor discomfort due to exercise will also benefit. Basil, Wintergreen, Marjoram, Cypress and Peppermint essential oils may reduce minor muscle tension. See the section on oils for muscles for more information!
- Emotional Well Being and Release – Essential oils or anything that you “smell” can have an effect on the limbic system where emotions are stored in the “brain’s emotional computer”.
- Help Detox the Body Systems – The oils that are high in phenols may cleanse cellular receptor sites and enhance cleansing of the body.
When you have chronic illness or Lyme your body is riddled with microbes, metals and chemicals which all add up to excess stress, anxiety, tension, fatigue and pain.
Raindrop is extremely effective at relieving all of this, along with bring the body, mind and spirit back into balance.